Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hey, that's my birthday!

Emma and Gavin have both been thinking about their birthday for a while now. Um, let's see, since January 24th 2007! Anyway, Emma has this egocentric thing about the month of January. Whenever someone is talking about something that has happened or is going to happen on any date in the month of January, she relates it to her birthday. Like, hey, what a coincidence. My birthday is in January, too! It's like she's surprised that anything of significance happens during her month.

A few examples of this:

It sure is cold in January.
Hey, that's my birthday!

We honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on the third Monday of January....
Hey, that's my birthday!

We'll begin a new year on January...
Hey, that's my birthday!

I'm leaving for Arizona on Thursday, January...
Hey, that's my birthday!

You get the point.

No comments: