Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Emma and Gavin


This is one of my favorite pictures of Emma and Gavin, and, since today is their special day, I thought I'd post it. (taken on a Colorado hike)
The two munchkins are very good friends. The other day, after being told not to at least once or twice by his teacher, Gavin was playing with ice and snow on the playground. (I know this because I talked to his teacher about the incident after the fact) He threw some frozen snow, i.e. ice, down on the ground, and Emma accidentally got hit on her cheek by some of the remnants of flying chunks of ice. Gavin had a "teeny, tiny, time-out" but was very sad, and cried inconsolably because he felt so bad about the pain he had caused his sister. When his time-out was over, he went up to Emma and hugged her, and asked through a few remaining tears and a quivering voice, "Emma, are we still best buddies?"

No comments: