Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bedtime Conversation

We have a bedtime routine that always ends with backrubs. Lately, I've been doing Gavin's backrub, and he's been talking my ear off. He starts most sentences with "Guess what" and "You wanna know what?"

Tonight, Gavin was rubbing his chin and started a conversation-

G- Mommy, am I growing a mustache?
Me- No.
G- Feel it.
Me- That's your chin, and men grow beards on their chins.
G- Will people laugh at me because I'm growing a beard?
Me- Well, you're not actually growing a beard. I think you have something stuck on your face.
G- Oh, guess what? You wanna know what? Somebody got in trouble at school today, and it was a girl and she always gets in trouble.
Me- Why is that?
G- Her brain doesn't tell her the right things to do. And guess what?
Me- Hmm?
G- My teacher read a story about a vulture and a crocodile and other animals. (starts to crack up remembering the story) It was really funny when the crocodile tried to eat the tiger. Do crocodiles eat tigers? How do crocodiles eat tigers?
Me- I'm not quite sure they do. - Did you play with anyone today?
G- I don't remember the guy's name, but he's the guy with the red coat and we played power rangers.

At this point, we ended the backrub with a guessing game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the book I was looking for a while. I really need to know the title or at least author!
please answer it if you know it!

thnx