Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Withstands discomfort without even a single complaint

Lilah has had a fever for the past 4 days. She is the sweetest sick person you'll ever meet. She never complains, not even when her temp. rises to 104.6. I know, that sounds dangerously high. She's been to the doctor, and apparently, it's probably something viral. She's so easy going, and incredibly tolerant with whatever this sickness is. She wants so badly to go to school. She woke up this morning, eyes saggy and red, saying that she feels better and is ready to return to school. Yesterday was the day of the super high fevers, so, of course she had to stay home again today. (hence the reason for the entry- being home from work, I actually have a little time on my hands)

Last night she asked me,

"Mommy, do you think there's such a thing as a health fairy?"

"I don't know, what do you think?"

"Maybe. I think I'll write a note to her, in case."
I am sick.
Dear health fairy,
Can you make me feel better before Valentine's Day? Because I want to see my friends again.
From: Lilah
Write a note
Response:
Dear Lilah,
I will do my best to make you feel better as soon as possible, but I need your help. To get better, you must get as much rest as possible and drink plenty of water and juice. I believe if you do these two things, you should feel better soon. Good luck.
Love,
The health fairy
Needless to say, she's been lounging on the couch resting. She's had 2 glasses of water, and two glasses of juice today. Hopefully the health fairy has given good advice. As of yet, the benefit of her rest and liquids has not kicked in. (still feverish, but not as high as yesterday)

1 comment:

amy said...

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE. The health Fairy's handwriting looks suspiciously like Mike's...what the??

(That is just about the sweetest thing ever. I hope she gets well very soon. I'm sure there are a lot of kids just dying to give her a Valentine.)