Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Inquiring minds want to know...

G- How do babies come out?

(At this point I've got three sets of eyes staring at me, as if to say, "Yes, mommy, please enlighten us!" while I'm thinking, "Oh Crap!")

Me- Well, a mommy has to work really hard, and push the baby out.
G- But, WHERE, does the baby come out?

I'll spare you the details of my response. But I will add that I was utterly relieved that noone asked how the baby got in there in the first place.

This isn't the first time I've been approached with questions regarding human reproduction. I've been fairly clever in the past with my ability to skirt the issue/change the subject/or give just enough information to satisfy the burning desire to know the truth. I don't think I'll get away with these tactics anymore. I'm sure there's a book out there to help me figure out the best way to answer their questions. I guess I'm in the market for one of those.

No comments: