Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Tuesday night with the Schulz's

Last night we had a guys/girls evening. I took the girls to Target, and Mike stayed home and hung out with Gavin. Gavin cracked Mike up with his conversation:

G- I love that toothpaste.
Mike- Then why don't you marry it?
G- I can't marry toothpaste or else I would have to eat the whole thing every day. What's your favorite spiceness?

Mike and Gavin also had the fortunate experience of watching 4 raccoons scaling our fence. Gavin was the one who noticed them. He saw them out the deck door.

The picture is really dark, but you get the point. Duncan hung out outside with the raccoons, like they're good friends. He didn't bark or anything.
I had the lucky task of taking the girls to Old Navy and Target. The girls are really funny in a clothing store. So many comments- "Do you think this would look good on me?" "This would look cute on Lilah!" "I really need a new sweatshirt" "Do you like this one or this one?" "This dress is really cute!"

After Old Navy we headed to Target. We were were in the health section and Lilah brought a giant box of pantyliners to me (133 to be exact) and asked me if they were band-aids.

The main reason we went to Target was to buy a fancy notebook for Lilah. She wants to write about the books she reads at home. While she was agonizing over her choices- shimmery, puppies, flowers, or princesses, Emma was sifting through notebooks for herself. She brought one to me and said:

E-Can I get this one?
Me- We have lots of notebooks at home. Why do you need a new one?
E-I want to write things in it.
Me- Like what?
E- Um, like, I love my mom and dad.

Guess who has a new notebook.

No comments: