Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Scratch that remark

Sometimes, I say things before I really think, and want to take back what I've said as soon as the words come out.  It's like I can see the words coming out of my mouth in slow motion, and want to stuff them back in before anybody actually can hear them.

Like this weekend, for example.  I had a conversation with Gavin about movies.  It went something like this...

G- When can I watch a PG13 movie?
Me- When you are 13.
G- What's after PG13?
Me- R.
G- What's after R?
Me- NC17
G- What's after NC17?
Me- X  (That is the word I wanted to take back)
G- What's after X?
Me- Nothing.
G- I bet X movies are really scary!
Me- Yep.
G- Do you and Daddy watch X movies?
Me- Nope.
G- Do Grandma and Grandpa watch X movies?
Me- I don't think so.
G- Do you know anybody who watches X movies?
Me- Not anyone I can think of.  Let's change the subject.

No comments: