Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Breaking my heart...


The other day, I found Gavin with his elbows on the table and forehead resting in his hands, hovering over his cereal.  I asked him what was wrong.  He lifted his sweet little head, just enough to say through his crocodile tears, "I miss Duncan."  I tried to comfort him, saying, "I know you do, Buddy.  I miss him, too.  We all do.  He was such a great dog."  He kept crying, and I said, "Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"  and he replied, "No, not unless you can bring him back from heaven, and I know there's no way you can do that!"
I just couldn't say anything- and did my best to fight back my own tears.  After 3 months, I still miss him so much.  He was the best!  (No offense to Lola- she's winning us over, too.)

No comments: