Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cabin Highlights

We started going to Agency Bay on Leech Lake in 1993, and have gone every year since, except the year Mike and I got married. We have such a great time during this week every year. I love this vacation for many reasons, but one of the main reasons is that I get to spend time with both sides of our family.

The very best thing for me with the cabin experience is being around the kids and watching their enthusiasm and utter excitement about EVERYTHING they do during the week...
Tubing...

Fishing on the pontoon


Kissing Fish...



Fishing off the dock...
Cabin Olympics...Who won anyway? I believe the ladder golf competition will have to continue in 2009, but what about bags and polish horseshoe?...
Hanging out on the beach...



General hanging out with cousins...

Observing the metamorphosis of dragonflies...


Talent Show...

Scavenger Hunt...

4th of July Parade in Walker (thank you Mike!)...

Doing Sparklers...

Watching fireworks from the boat in Walker Bay...

Watching a movie in the lodge and getting a sucker stuck in Daisy's tail (tiny little dog belonging to the owners)...

Lilah learned to ski, but since I was in the water helping her, and Mike was driving the boat, we have no photographic documentation of the event.

I'm totally disappointed in myself, because I forgot to take the annual picture of Lilah in the blue chair. I've been doing this since she was just 1 month old the first year. My mom even gave me a reminder, and I still forgot.

(2007 annual photo of Lilah-in-the-blue-chair)




As always, our week at the cabin proved to be relaxing and full of fun. We're already looking forward to next year.


A clip from the talent show-(listen for the plankton)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.