Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Inquiring minds

When the following conversation sparked, my first inclination was that I would definitely not blog about it, due to the saucy nature of the subject matter. But, after further consideration, I changed my mind.

A couple of nights ago, Emma was playing around with this balloon.
(pear placement gives an accurate account of size of said balloon)

At one point, she said to Mike, "What if someone's private was this big?"
To this Mike responded, "It's not nice to talk about people's privates."

When I brought this up to Aunt Amy, she suggested that a better response might have been, "It would be pretty hard to walk around." I suggested that the person in question would probably have difficulty finding a pair of pants that fit properly.

Anyway, since we're on the topic...

When Lilah was 3 years old and the twins were just wee tots, they all fit nicely in the bath together. There was a particular incident when Gavin was standing. Lilah started to flick his penis. At this point, I said to her-

-Lilah, that is Gavin's private part. You should never touch his penis.
In processing this information, Lilah looked totally confused, due to her misinterpretation of a key word in my reprimand. She cocked her head, looked at Gavin's anatomy, then looked back at me and said,

-How'd he get a peanut in his butt?

Before I could respond, since I was fighting the urge to burst out laughing, she continued to inquire...

-How's he gonna get it out?

1 comment:

amy said...

so how DID he get it out?