Thursday, August 23, 2007

Remembering

Sometimes I look at my kids in total awe, like, I can't believe this beautiful creature is my offspring.

When Lilah was about 2 years old, I was doing the bedtime routine with her, just finishing a book and having a chat with her. I remember staring at her, thinking, "Wow! This kid is amazing" She was so cute with her expressive face and disheveled hair. I gave her a hug and said, "Lilah, you are so sweet, I could just eat you up." She cocked her head and looked at me, perplexed, and responded, "Mommy, you can't eat me. I not food." Just like that. I assured her that I would not, in fact, eat her. It's just an expression. Later, after I had gotten ready for bed, and I was laying in bed reading, I heard her little apprehensive voice from her room (next door to ours) reminding me, "Mommy, don't eat me."

I wonder what kind of dreams she had that night.



No comments: